All you need to do is sign up to volunteer (for as little as 4 hours) at the Redcliffe Festival and you will be directly bringing in money and helping the Abbey Museum and the Abbey Medieval Festival!!
The Abbey Museum (as the organiser of the Abbey Medieval Festival) has partnered with ‘Our Village’, and as one of their ‘101 Causes’ we will generate much needed funds for the Museum!
AND YES THE ROLES ARE EASY … AND FUN!! (Volunteers at the Redcliffe Festival will also get first hand information on volunteering opportunities at the upcoming Jousting Spectacular being held in November).
“WHAT DO I NEED TO DO??” Well, just sign up to help at the Redcliffe Festival being held in early September and the Abbey Museum will receive $10 (YES – $10!!!) for every hour you help!!
What you could bring in: 3 X 4 hour shifts = $120!!
What 4 friends could bring in: 4 @ 3 x 4 hour shifts = $480!! Oh WOW!!
The plan is that Abbey Volunteers will be rostered at the same stall so you can have lots of fun together!!
ROLES STILL AVAILABLE:
Front line/ Customer service / Order taking:
- Service to customers / Order taking / Accurate money handling / Filling drinks order / Keeping stall clean and tidy / Restocking
Back line/ Preparation
- Preparing items for sale / Food preparation / Fulfilling orders / Restocking / Cleaning and rubbish removal
FRIDAY NIGHT 5th SEPTEMBER from 5pm to 11pm
SATURDAY 6th SEPTEMBER from 8am to 5pm
SUNDAY 7th SEPTEMBER from 8am to 5pm
Shifts are generally four (4) hours in duration and each volunteer will receive a thankyou bag full of goodies, including a shirt!
BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE!!!
STALL MANAGERS (These are paid positions!!):
- Must be available Friday night, Saturday and Sunday of the Festival weekend.
- $600 to keep for yourself or donate part or all to the Abbey Museum.
- Manage a control sheet for restocking of food & drinks.
- Manage your team of volunteers – shifts, uniforms, hygiene, procedures
- Organise all food & drinks to be restocked & ready for next shift
- Stall clean & ready for service prior to each shift
- Ensure processes are working smoothly & adapt any changes as required.
A one (1) hour Volunteer Induction must be attended at the Our Village offices, 8 Snook Street, Clontarf.
Choose from one of the following: Thurs 28th Aug, 6-7pm; Fri 29th Aug, 6-7pm; Sat 30th Aug 10am or Sat 30 Aug 2pm
TO APPLY or REGISTER FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE ROLES go to: http://www.redcliffefestival.com.au/getting-involved/volunteer/ . Make sure you mention you are an Abbey supporter!!
YOU CAN HAVE FUN AND SUPPORT THE ABBEY MUSEUM AND THE ABBEY MEDIEVAL FESTIVAL AT THE SAME TIME!!